Dr. Rameshwar Rai
Dr Rameshwar Rai completed his graduation (B.A.(Hindi Hons.)) from Hindu College, University of Delhi, in 1983 securing second position in University followed by M.A. (Hindi) in 1985 from Delhi University. He was awarded National Scholarship of Government of India for his achievement in BA. He earned the Junior Research Fellowship of UGC in 1985, and completed his M.Phil. in 1986 and was awarded in 1993 under the able guidance of Prof. Dr Nirmala Jain. His Research topic was “Pragativadievamadhuniktavadikavyachetnakatulnatmakadhyayan: MuktibodhavamAgyeyakesandarbhmein”.
His area of academic interests are “Bhaktikavya”,“AdhunikKavita”, and “UpanyasSahitya”. He has three published books:
1. Bhaktikavyakavartaman, Vani Prakashan, Delhi
2. Kavitakaparisar: Ekantaryatra, Vani Prakashan, Delhi
3. Hindi Upanyas: Godan se Mahabhojtak, Vani Prakashan, Delhi
He also has a number of articles published in various leading magazines and journals, some prominent ones of which includes:
1. Iskobhipanktiko de do, Kathadesh, Nov 2010
2. Main roopakhoondabi hui doobka, Kathadesh, Dec 2010
He has also edited a number of books:
1. Nibandhonkiduniya: Nirala, Vani Prakashan
2. Nibandhonkiduniya: Ramvilas Sharma, Vani Prakashan
3. Malayaj, Vani Prakashan
4. Sanchayita: Nirmala Jain, for Mahatma Gandhi International University, Wardha (published by Vani Prakashan)
His teaching career spans a total of Twenty Six years, in various colleges of Delhi University Including KM College, Hansraj College, ARSD College and Hindu College where he is teaching since 1995 in permanent capacity. He earned the Distinguished Teacher Award from Delhi University in 2009 which was handed by Hon’ble Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, ex-President of India.
He has also been invited to various reputed National Seminars as a speaker such as:
1. Central University of Hyderabad (2006),
2. Gandhian Study Center, Jai Narayan Vyas University Jopdhpur (2011),
3. SahityaAcadami (2011),
4. Rapporteur, Academic Congress, Session on Gandhian Education (2012)
5. Hindi Department, University of Delhi (2012),
6. Shramjivi College, Ajmer (2012),
7. CCS University, Meerut (2012),
8. PGDAV College, DU (2013),
9. Kamla Nehru College, DU (2013),
10. VivekanandMahila College, DU (2013),
11. Chaired a seminar on “SansadaurVishwamein Hindi” in Central Hall, Parliament of India (2014),
12. National Seminar, Satyawati College, DU (2015).
He was handpicked by the Government of India as a member of delegation to participate in Vishwa Hindi Sammelan in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2012.
He has been helping in other activities as well such as being the Convener of Refresher Course in Hindi, Delhi University (2013), Program Officer of NHS, Hindu College (1995-2001, and also currently), Member of Hostel Committee, Hindu College, Advisor, Hindi Debating Society (Vadmi), Advisor & Editor, College Magazine “Indraprastha”, Secretary Staff Council, Member of College Parliament & Student Activities, Convener, Academic Affairs Committee, to name a few.